Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Southwestern Style

I'm sure you've noticed the trend that harkens to the southwest: fringe, leather, boots, feathers, rich reds, deep blues, orange. I've taken to calling it "peyote chic." I can't wait to whip up a blanket or quilt that has this style. I'm thinking a tan colored yarn with big bands of deep red and some gold stitching and some brown somewhere, finished off with some fringe. Of course, I have to wait until funds come in to buy the materials.  Real life problems here, people. :)

My husband is apparently ahead of me in terms of the fashion world because he bought me this owl clutch from Target months ago!












Then I saw these shots from Coachella.  I love the subtle nods to the trend.

You tell me: southwestern.  Love it, hate it, indifferent?

0 comments:

Post a Comment